1. A Quorum of the General Education Committee shall be the majority of the voting members.
2. Voting members shall be defined to be those 8 members of the committee appointed by the Provost together with those 8 members of the committee appointed by the Faculty Senate. Ex- officio members shall not participate in votes.
3. Procedures of the committee shall follow Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised unless otherwise stated by these rules.
4. At the first meeting of each academic year, a chair and chair-elect shall be installed. The chair shall be the chair-elect elected during the previous academic year unless no such chair-elect sits on the committee, in which case, the chair shall be elected from the members of the committee. A chair-elect shall be elected from those members whose term shall not expire during the next academic year.
5. All matters before the committee shall be voted on by those members present at a committee meeting unless a motion is made and passed to require a vote of all members, in which case, a by-mail vote shall be held. Such a motion to require vote of all members cannot be tabled.
Votes of all members shall be conducted by e-mail under the following rules:
1.) All members of the committee shall be notified of the vote and furthermore shall confirm they have been notified.
2.) Seven (7) days after all members have confirmed notification shall be provided to allow members to communicate their votes via e-mail.
3.) Each member shall be notified upon receipt of their vote.
4.) At the end of balloting, those members who have not voted shall be notified of the absence of their vote.
6. Guests of the committee and ex-officio members (ensemble referred to as non-voting members) provide expert advice that should be reflected in the minutes in the same manner as the comments from voting members. The non-voting members shall be polled on all matters upon which the committee votes after (or in parallel with) the committee vote. The results of these polls shall be reported in the minutes.