General Education Syllabus Requirements
Every syllabus for a general education course must fully conform to the UF syllabus policy and also include the following six items:
- a verbatim statement of the general education objectives for the relevant subject area(s);
- an explanation of how the general education objectives will be accomplished;
- a verbatim statement of the General Education Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs);
- an explanation of how each SLO will be assessed;
- the statement "A minimum grade of C is required for general education credit."
- a weekly course schedule (e.g., topics, assigned readings, other assignments, due dates, assessments) that includes sufficient detail for the General Education Committee to determine the appropriateness of the requested general education classification(s).
The General Education Committee has prepared annotated sample syllabuses that may be helpful when creating or revising the syllabus for a course designed to meet GE and/or WR requirements. The samples are for fictional courses. They are not intended to include all material that may be required or relevant for every course.